The Lakengren Water Authority (LWA) is seeking a general manager to lead the organization in the day-to-day operations of the Water Treatment Plant and Wastewater Treatment Plant along with the maintenance and support of the infrastructure for these plants and the community they serve. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with all government rules and regulations regarding the treatment and delivery of clean drinking water and the collection, treatment and disposition of all wastewater. You will provide direction and guidance to the employees of the LWA, and ensure they have the training necessary to successfully perform their job.
Candidates must have a Class I Operator’s license for wastewater treatment and water treatment, three (3) years of experience as an assistant manager, maintenance manager, operations manager, chief chemist or chief engineer of a municipal wastewater facility.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required for internal needs and interactions with the public.
Specific duties include:
· Ensure regulatory requirements are identified and fulfilled in a timely manner
· Ensure that LWA assets are managed, maintained and replaced as needed
· Prepare water and wastewater contingency plans
· Be the back-up for licensed operators in the water and wastewater treatment plants
· Prepare an annual Consumer Confidence Report
· Resolve Customer Complaints
· Secure LWA Properties
· Ensure Health Safety and Environmental training and compliance
· Ensure the continued financial health of the LWA via budget and expense management that adheres to generally accepted accounting principles.
Pay will be commensurate with experience in the range of $70,000 to $90,000 per year. Health Insurance, Life Insurance and Ohio Public Employees Retirement System plan is included in the overall compensation package.
Resumes should be sent to:
Lakengren Water Authority
24 Lakengren Dr
Eaton Ohio 45320
ATTN: Board of Trustees